Yes, it’s that time of year (well, for me that time of every second year) – AMVIV is here this weekend and we’re looking forward to winding our way northwards to Vegas. Last time our journey was quite entertaining – heavy rain meant that some of the washes had flooded route 95 so we had to ford some big puddles, including being totally drenched by an oncoming lorry that splashed a wave of water than went right over the car. Good job we had the top up!
Our current plans are:
- leave Thursday morning and make it to Vegas in time to sign-in
- Friday we will join the run to Temple Bar, grab some lunch and then probably go up Mount Charleston “on the way back” since we’re really disappointed we won’t get to do it on Thursday
- Friday night we’ll be top down cruising the Strip
- Saturday morning we’ll follow everyone to Nelson’s Landing and hopefully we’ll be back in time for the Poker Run as we really enjoyed that last time. It’s a bummer that these two events overlap.
- Saturday night we’re off to The Mirage to see Terry Fator and his puppets!
- Sunday morning, pack our bags and head on home
See you all there!