Finally got through, took maybe 6 calls in the end. As always, once you are through to someone they are a delight to work with but you get the feeling they will only answer the phone when they feel like it. Anyway, Carrie will get her first check-up on Wednesday at which she will:
- get the 12,000 mile oil change service
- have the windshield replaced
- have the clock fixed (replace the speedo unit)
- have the SRS warning light fixed (probably wiring harness issue)
- have the tailgate open warning light fixed (see above?)
- key programming:
- put the top down with the key
- daytime running lights on
- low fuel warning sound on
- auto unlock doors on key removal
Should keep them busy for a day or two. Probably will have to get a rental car as its rare they give me a loaner (the downside of buying elsewhere) but perhaps with so much to do I will get lucky.
The tailgate warning light is a new one. Started last week in the rain, didn’t see it again until this evening. Only thing in common I can think of is rain. Every time I accelerate between 2000 and 3000 rpm the light comes on, goes off when I ease off, comes back on again when I go back up.