I’ll come up with a little write-up later but for now, here’s a video from our trip and some pictures. The video contains footage from the parking ramp at the event, and also from our run to Temple Bar on Friday morning. Feel free to click on the video and on to the high definition version.
And some pictures on my new flickr AMVIV VI set.
Yes, it’s that time of year (well, for me that time of every second year) – AMVIV is here this weekend and we’re looking forward to winding our way northwards to Vegas. Last time our journey was quite entertaining – heavy rain meant that some of the washes had flooded route 95 so we had to ford some big puddles, including being totally drenched by an oncoming lorry that splashed a wave of water than went right over the car. Good job we had the top up!
Our current plans are:
- leave Thursday morning and make it to Vegas in time to sign-in
- Friday we will join the run to Temple Bar, grab some lunch and then probably go up Mount Charleston “on the way back” since we’re really disappointed we won’t get to do it on Thursday
- Friday night we’ll be top down cruising the Strip
- Saturday morning we’ll follow everyone to Nelson’s Landing and hopefully we’ll be back in time for the Poker Run as we really enjoyed that last time. It’s a bummer that these two events overlap.
- Saturday night we’re off to The Mirage to see Terry Fator and his puppets!
- Sunday morning, pack our bags and head on home
See you all there!
Most of you probably saw the announcement this week that Sirius XM plans to release an iPhone application by June.
I must say I quite like the idea depending on how much extra it will cost on top of my current subscriptions. I’m assuming you will need 3G or Wi-Fi to be able to listen to it. It would be nice if there was a way to have these things (such as Pandora) do some kind of downgrading of the quality when on the Edge network. If I could get uninterrupted listening I don’t think I would mind a reduction in the song quality.
Anyway it will be interesting to see what Sirius XM comes up with, hopefully it will be good enough to keep them aloft for a while longer at least.
Too bad this didn’t happen when we are in Vegas for AMVIV in a couple of weeks but it’s still pretty all the same.
At the Imperial Valley Fair this weekend I took this picture of the Q96 MINI parked in the car park:
The Fair was pretty good, lots of exhibits and animals being shown and auctioned (later in the week). If you want to see some more pictures of all the sights, click right here.