Hyundai finally announced pricing for the 2013 Veloster line today including, of course, the Turbo I’ve been waiting for. The bottom line on the Turbo is that it will be $21,950 for the MT and $22,950 for the AT. An Ultimate Package is available for $2,500 which adds
- Panoramic sunroof
- Backup warning sensors (bodycolor sensors with specific exterior colors)
- Navigation system with rearview camera
- Automatic Headlights
- 115V outlet
Some of the highlights of the Turbo are
- 1.6-liter turbocharged, direct-injected engine
- 201HP at 6000RPM, weight to power ratio of 14lbs per hp
- 38MPG Highway
- Very fancy TFT screen on the dash, can even play XBOX 360 (what, no PS3?)
There is still no official word on whether Vitamin C (orange, basically) is available in the Turbo but my first choice for colour would be between that and the red. Oddly there is a $200 upcharge for Pearl White (not that I would ever want a white car in the desert) and a whopping $1000 for matte grey!
So if I were to go for an Ultimate MT I’m looking at around $26500 out of the door if I have to pay MSRP, but I am expecting a local credit union’s car buying service to find me better than that.
Not rushing into anything yet, but it might be getting close to time to do something.